Tuesday 22 October 2002

Add Me to Your Lists Mr Bush

Add me to your lists Mr. Bush. Send my name to Mr. Ashcroft. Forward it to the FBI, the local police, the INS and the IRS.

Make sure your Secret Service takes note.

Copy my name to every blacklist, enemies list, security list, and watch list your scribes scribble.

While you detain activists at airports, I am ashamed to travel unchallenged.

While you abduct untold, unnamed foreign-born Americans, I am ashamed to sleep in my own bed.

While you steal food, not just rights, from millions of families, I am ashamed to eat.

I am ashamed to wear new clothes; ashamed to drive; ashamed to share ill-gotten wealth with your kind; even ashamed I can provide better for my little daughter than almost any father on earth.

I am not a threat to you, but I stand with billions. God is not on my side–or yours–but the best traditions of freedom, right, and non-violent resistance are with me. I stand alongside the Senator your intern calls senile. I stand with the Congresswoman your operatives unseated in the primaries. I stand with the loud but lonely voices of those in print and broadcast media who are not afraid to challenge you. I stand with the growing number of principled government clerks who quietly undermine you. I stand with countless noble people across the world who are no longer cowed by bully-America.

Full story...